Thursday, January 04, 2007

Bored

I'm bored. Bored, bored, bored.

I need to work on my brother's scarf. It's still not done. But lately it's been hard for me to sit still. Knitting would mean sitting still. And there are some books I need to continue reading but that means sitting still as well.

My mom had to overnight something to me so I can go get a new driver's license. It didn't get here. I had to go to the post office to find out if they could locate it. It hadn't even gotten to Wichita yet. I was surprised at myself. I remained very calm throughout the whole thing. Usually this was the kind of thing that would send me into hysterics but not today. I pleasantly explained my situation to the postal worker, thanked her (genuinely) kindly for her help and then just said "well I'll see if it gets here tomorrow." I really needed to get it so I can go get the license...mine expires on Sunday. But hopefully I'll go on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Oh wait they're closed on Monday. The only problem is if its expired I have to take a written exam...I'm sure they won't be nice and let me out of it, even though it'll only be expired for one day. Oh well. I already have the handbook downloaded in case I need to study.

But I am just glad I didn't throw a fit about it all. I'm just calm about it. And those that know me, that's saying A LOT.

I'm bored. I haven't been sleeping too well the last few nights. It takes a long time to fall asleep then I wake up every few hours, sometimes even just when I move, it seems. Then when the time comes to wake up, I can't. And I really don't want to get out of bed. Waking up knowing that a day of aching feet and complaining people is ahead of you, its hard thinking there is any good reason to actually get out of bed.

Oh and I've tried to be nice when it comes to the girl I work with but she is getting on my nerves. She goes on breaks that end up lasting 25-30 minutes, is always late back from her lunch break, and isn't so good on the customer service front. She usually just sounds rude. And she ends up getting so concentrated on what's on TV that she's oblivious that people are walking in the door. Which as long as I'm not doing anything its fine but if I'm helping someone make a payment it doesn't work too well. Today she told me at one point that she was going to go outside to catch people before they came in, then almost immediately I saw people walking in with equipment so I had to redirect them, looked outside and she's nowhere to be found. And she'll voice her comments about how annoying people can be when there's a room full of people standing there listening to her and she's not quiet. I just think that's rude. Oh well it's really not our fault that the plan of making the lines easier to manage isn't working too well. Sometimes there's only 1 person taking payments and then people still have to wait a long time. Of course, it amazes me how many people think they have to make their payments in person. And in cash. They just carry hundreds of dollars in cash with them. It's crazy. Then they stand there and complain about how long they have to wait. Ever heard of the mail? Or paying online? Or spending the $1.00 to get a money order? I think a buck is worth the time to not spend in a line.
Oh well. That's just me.

I had this lady today that just kept saying that the payment kiosk wouldn't work and wouldn't give her a receipt that it took the payment, even after telling her over and over that it posts right away and it gives you a receipt, saves time, etc. Well after she had waited in line a good 30 minutes and saw me run about 6 people through she decided she'd try it. I've had a couple of people like that, they just like to complain about everything and try to make it all more difficult than it really is. I just want to get them the heck out of the building quicker so I don't have to listen to them. HA!

Ok so what other random streams of writing can I go through to keep me from being bored? OH crap I need to get my niece a birthday card. I guess she'll have to get it late. I don't know what to get her at all. Re-gifting the necklace I got from mom for Christmas would probably be in bad taste since she got one almost just like it. There was someone else I thought about giving it to but. . .that goes against forgetting certain things.

I got a Starbucks gift card for Christmas. I haven't used it yet! How crazy is that? I keep trying to wake up early enough to go before work but I haven't yet. Maybe tomorrow. Of course, I have all this coffee at my apartment I haven't used yet either. This morning I managed to make some to take with me on my drive.

Ok now I'm getting bored writing. Maybe I'll go continue reading Matthew. Or as I like to call it the "Jewish, male-chauvinist" gospel. Oh well, it's still not that bad ;-)

Ok that's enough of my mindless rambling!

No comments: