Saturday, January 20, 2007

Haircut woe

I have not gotten a haircut since the end of September. I haven't had the money until now to get one. And then I made the mistake of going to a chain hair salon. Fantastic Sam's. As soon as I walked in I thought "oh no, I shouldn't do this." You can just tell when walking in by looking at the place and the people there that the $10.25 I would be spending would be a waste. And indeed I was right. I stayed because it was a hassle to get there in the first place because it is snowing wildly outside (which means again I'm stuck inside all day). I sat down and the lady didn't even ask what I wanted done, she just starts putting on the cape and grabbing her scissors. So I explain that I just want a trim (which translates into taking about an inch off because it's been so long, my split-ends are horrible). She looks like she's barely paying attention and just starts chopping. And I discovered that I am very annoyed when people aren't paying attention to cutting my hair and they are instead just chatting away to the other people at the "salon." At one point she was just holding a section of my hair, turned around and started talking to someone about a certain kind of car. It was painful to watch how she was cutting my hair. I really wonder if she really went to beauty school. I think the license that was scotch-taped on the mirror was fake.

I knew I should've called an actual salon. I wouldn't have been able to go to any of the really good ones but I probably could've gotten away with going somewhere, even if it was the JCPenney salon. Oh well. This will do for awhile and then I'll just save up some money to get a good haircut. I'm still dreaming that eventually I'll have long, flowy, layered hair like (i'm embarassed to admit) Lindsay Lohan's. But seriously the girl has good hair. Except when it's dyed blonde.

Anyway. . .I am about to break down and buy season six of Gilmore Girls. I wanted to wait until Target had it on sale for $20 again but I don't know if I'll be able to hold out. I'm almost done with seasons 1-5 for the 4th time. And I'm bored with all my movies. And I realized the other day that I lost my copy of Ocean's 11. I don't know if it ever made it to Kansas. I guess I didn't miss it too much considering I just figured out that I don't have it anymore.

5 months, 10 days.

No comments: