Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So. . I learned a few things this week. They are:

1) Steak isn't really that great when not cooked on a grill. Loads of A1 sauce helps a lot.
2) It is possible to ruin mashed potatoes to the point where they taste horrible. I blame my smart balance butter-like spread and my attempt to be creative and make garlic mashed potatoes.

And my beef craving still isn't going away. I had to talk myself out of going to sonic tonight. And I'm still talking myself out of it.

I think I'm going to have to break down and get a part-time job. I may go back to the hotel or try for Starbucks. I'm making enough money to cover my bills and buy food but I'm definitely in scrimping mode. One mis-spent $5 and I'm screwed. Plus working more will take up more of my time so I'm not sitting around being bored.

That is one of the hardest things right now. . .I have no idea what kind of job I want to try to get. I thought about applying for a job at the cable company but I'm apprehensive about that because it's all sales and customer service. And that kind of thing just isn't me. . .I could do it but. . .I don't know. I really like when I've worked in an office with a smaller group of people.

And whether it's a good attitude or not I admit that I don't necessarily want to get a regular job here because I don't want any reason to have to stay here.

I guess I'll figure something out eventually. Only 5 1/2 more months.

No comments: