Thursday, February 01, 2007

Well!

Well!
I'm tired. Today was a long day and tomorrow probably will be crazy too. And then I get to work this weekend. Which is good. I've enjoyed the nights I've worked so far. It's good to be back.
We have a nice new blanket of snow here. It's pretty except I just hate driving in it. I slid a little this morning and then all I could picture was me spinning in the middle of the road and eventually either running into the holiday inn, blockbuster, or another car. I managed to make it ok though.

So cool thing of the week: I was reconnected with the guy that was pretty much my best friend when I was like 5. Before that really. He was my next door neighbor in Grafton, I don't really remember not being friends with him. Me, him, and Aaron made quite a team always getting into some kind of trouble. One thing I remember very clearly was us hacking into the gigantic tree in our front yard and basically killing it. We pulled off the bark and just kept going. And when there was a flood, we fished from our front yard. We'd run up and down our driveway with dollies (you know like to move furniture) and bikes pretending we were driving cars and trucks. Charlie always pretended we was driving a big-rig. Anyway, he managed to find me on myspace so we've been reminiscing. It's fun. He's in the army and is in Iraq now.

It's fun remembering that part of my childhood. . .it was all fun and pleasant pretty much. Sure we'd do something, get in trouble and then we'd pick right back up where we left off after the punishment ended but overall it was great.
When I lived in Hartford, I'd drive up through Alton, up the river road, and through Grafton often when I wanted to get away and remember a place that was always happy. It's changed a lot. Our old house isn't there. It was destroyed in the flood of 93. They built a new grade school recently. I don't have a hometown at all. And if I was a native or long-time resident of Grafton I probably would've grown to dislike it, as I end up disliking most small towns, but it was a pleasant place to be when was 4, 5, 6 and 7 (for awhile).

No comments: