Thursday, July 05, 2007

family time and news!

This really has been a good (but long) week. My introvert-ness is screaming for some solitude. As much as I love having my family here, I need some alone time that doesn't come easy when there are 4 people in a 1 bedroom apartment. But it's really ok; we're having a good time. Today I took the afternoon off from work and we went to Chipotle (for the 2nd time) for lunch, browsed around Barnes & Noble for a bit so Mo (neice) could get some books. I bought some too; probably shouldn't have but they had $3 copies of a bunch of classics like Uncle Tom's Cabin and Wuthering Heights, so I went for it. I also bought a new Donald Miller book.
Then we went to Exploration Place, the kids/science musuem here. It's pretty neat; definitely not as good as other places like it elsewhere, but maybe someday it will be better.

So. . .we went to NF's . . . . oh wait I mean, BF's church's picnic for the 4th. It was a lot of fun and relaxing. It was at a couple's house out in the country and we had a potluck, played some softball (I really stink), and shot off fireworks. Just as it was really getting dark we started raining and we saw tons of lightning and fireworks from surrounding towns. The people from his church were really nice. I even got to joking around with one of the kids from the youth group. I really liked how he treated me. He was excited to introduce me to people. He didn't go off and leaving me to fend for myself. Mo had already decided she wanted to eat at a certain table and mentioned that to him, telling him I'd be sitting with her and he got to the table even before I did. :) I liked that. And there were several times where he came and stood or sat next to me. I know that doesn't sound like a huge deal but I loved that he didn't just act like everyone else was more important than me. Before we left, I got a nice big hug. And Monday before Bible study we're going to meet up and go to dinner. I love getting off work at 5.

Did you catch that? BF, not NF. :-) Yes, it's official, he's my boyfriend. When he said he wanted to introduce me as his girlfriend, my mind started racing a bit but then I was just like, "ok, yes, I think that is ok." I really like him and I really like the way things are going still. And most importantly, we're taking our time. And we will continue to. He mentioned something about going Abilene, KS sometime soon to see some historical homes and buildings (definitely up for that!) and in a few weeks, the two of us, plus the married couple from Bible study are going to have a movie night and possibly go canoeing. Slightly scary images of first weekend at GC come to mind when I think of canoeing, but I think I could handle it ;-)

Job is going really well. We're getting everything organized, I'm slowly teaching myself how to use Access, and we're having a reception for the Bishop and his Cabinet next week that I've been planning. It's fun!

Ok that's all for now!

No comments: