Sunday, July 29, 2007

Long nights, renter woes, and therapy

Last night I managed to sleep from about 11:00 to 1:30. Then I was awake until about 4. Then I woke up again around 5. I think by 6, after sending a few text messages to BF, I fell about asleep until about 9. Then I laid in bed until 11 trying to go back to sleep. I finally gave up.

My roof leaks. They knew it when I moved in and someone was supposed to fix it. But there's like a monsoon going on right now and it is still leaking. I'm glad I didn't get rid of the bucket. I wonder if I can ask to to get a reduced rent rate this month since it's not fixed.

This rain storm started making me think about how much I love rain and thunderstorms. Someday I want to live somewhere that I can just see the clouds roll in and enjoy the storm without any buildings in my way. There's always this theme of comparing life troubles with storms. I can see where it comes from. But really there is nothing more wonderful and theraputic to me than the sound of the rumbling thunder and the flashes of lightning. And the rain. . .I love it whether it's heavy and the wind is blowing wildly or it's soft and slow. For awhile I just stood outside on my balcony and enjoyed the wind and rain. It was so relaxing and wonderful.

I had so much fun last night with BF. We were going to go see Hairspray but decided to go sometime this week. He was tired and wanted to just stay in. It definitely ended up being a good thing. We made homemade pizza, salad, and had chocolate cake for dessert (ok we didn't make that). We also had pixy stix :-) I really love how we can just have fun staying in, making our own food and relaxing with a movie. Or two. I'm still a little amazed by all of it. There are still sometimes when I find myself freaking out a little but then I calm down. He says something about how his day will be wonderful once he sees me or is willing to go see Hairspray with me, or keeps looking at me during the movie...and I think, wow.

I don't know if he's the "one" or not. It hasn't even been 4 months, but I really want to just see what happens. I like him. :-)

No comments: