Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Grand Theft Auto

Yesterday after work, I found out that BF wasn't doing anything besides going to his softball game at 9:30. It was looking like one of those nights of just sitting around not doing anything so I decided to just hop on down to see him :)

While we were eating a wonderfully simple meal of ham sandwiches and cheetos (I loved it), he began to teach me how to play Grand Theft Auto on his playstation (wait, I think it's a playstation. . .I can't remember which one). He's determined to get me hooked on a video game. It was fun but I get really crazy when I try to play a video game. It was hard get used to the controller; I kept overcorrecting while driving. Eventually I just tried to run over as many people and run into as many lamp posts as I could. And BF in his sarcastic manner said, "so it looks like the safest place for people to walk is in the street." I kicked him. ;-) I did get a little better the more I tried.

I probably shouldn't have but I went to the softball game (which caused me to not get home until midnight). It was fun. I've told him this before, but I really like his attitude towards it. Being a guy (and an athletic one), he can get competitive, but he's not crazy about it. He is just excited about playing and really easy going about it. It was supposed to be a church league but not enough churches signed up so they got put in a more competitive men's league. They haven't done very well at all honestly but he's just excited for everyone to come out and play. A lot of the guys are members of his church but don't come very often; he sees it as a way to just reach out to them to possibly get them reconnected to the church. I like that he doesn't get all bent out of shape when they lose or when someone messes up and doesn't do very well. And he doesn't get mad when he doesn't do well either. I just like his attitude about it.
I was excited for them last night; they played for the entire hour and got 8 runs and only lost by 3! Usually they get run-ruled. . .they usually get beat by about 15 runs or more.

So it was a good night. I just have to actually go to bed early tonight! I haven't the last few nights and I'm tired!

No comments: