Tuesday, July 24, 2007

this weekend

This weekend was a lot of fun. Tiring but fun. We ate a lot of food and watched Die Hard 1 and 2 on Friday night. We made omelets and watched an actually funny Christian comedian video on Saturday morning. Unfortunately I was really tired on Saturday. We went to bed around 2:30 am then by 6 am I was awake after realizing that I had slept in the same uncomfortable position and my neck was killing me. So from 6 until 9 I was in and out of sleep. Oh well.
After eating lunch at the Little Hooker (seriously that's the name of it and they have wonderful pie) we all ended up going back to Wichita to go to church at Q's dad's church (the same one BF and I went to last weekend). Then we all went to Q's parents' house for dinner. It was a lot of fun. It was so cool to just gather around the table and have a home-cooked meal. It got me to thinking about how I really hope someday I'm able to do that. And it makes me wish I had a table so I can invite people over for dinner. Oh well, I may still do that. We can just have an indoor picnic :)

So interesting little tidbit, BF wants to buy a house. Actually it's not just a house, it's house and 30 acres of land complete with a stream, 2 ponds, and 20 acres of hay. It sounds amazing except the house is kinda crappy. I think it's a cool idea even though the fact that he's younger than me and could actually buy a house kind of makes me ill. And that got me to thinking about my whole crazy money situation and what I need to do to make ends meet. I need to consolidate my student loans, see about getting some kind of line of credit or something so can actually pay off my credit cards, and sadly, get rid of my cable. I know I should still be open to the idea of a 2nd job but I really, really don't want to. Really don't want to. Even though, I do get pretty bored in the evenings. And I can't just always drive an hour to visit BF. I am already thinking of Thursday, though. ;-)

Anyway, last night after a very weird Bible study I was starting to get all down on myself but then I just. . .stopped. I knew I had no reason to. No reason at all. Because I belong to God and he's got me. I like when I remember that sooner rather than later. Sometimes I still get frustrated that I don't know what's going to happen and that my life is nothing like I thought it would be by the time I was 26, but really, it's still good. Who knows what's going to happen. Life is definitely an adventure.

Oooo, and I got a good indication that BF will be good at backrubs. Woohoo! He just keeps getting better!
Oh and the other day he mentioned that he doesn't have my blog address and I felt a little bad but I was just like "yeah you won't get to read it for quite awhile. Sorry." I am a little nervous about him being able to read this. . .which is also why I can't tell him about how some found this by looking up the pottery shop online (cause then he would find it). Which, btw, jayhawk: it's very interesting that you found this! I love the pottery shop! I hope you enjoy your trip to KS and I'd be interested in hearing more about your twins. I know life with kids (well not technically but I got a brief glimpse due to my would-be-stepchildren) can be hard, but even harder when they have special needs. Take care.

No comments: